We have three main services: Day passes, Tours and accommodation
All of them require a previous reservation. Please write to [email protected] / WhatsApp +52 1 999 996 7421 +52 1 999 996 7421
The person who made the reservation has to bring his/her ID in order to check in.
If you booked through an OTA or Travel Agency, please bring the confirmation voucher with you.
There is no need for you to print it, you can show it on your phone.
In order to book tours and day passes you need to prepay the full amount by bank transfer / deposit.
For lodging reservations: If you book directly with us we take credit cards, bank transfer / deposit or cash, depending on the rate you choose.
If you book through an OTA or Travel Agent you will have to check their own payment methods.
Please show your reservation confirmation at the reception desk so they can tell you whether it
is paid or not.
For Casa Adolfo, check in time is from 3.30 pm. In the event you need to arrive earlier, please contact us.
Check out time is at 12 pm.
We suggest arriving before 5 pm during the winter and 7 pm in spring and summer.
The road to the property can get confusing once it gets dark. Please remember we are in the Mayan jungle.
For private tours, please arrive 15 minutes before departure time.
Located less than 90 minutes from Merida International Airport, and 30 minutes from the city of Tekit, famous for being the "Capital of the Guayabera", Destino Mio Mayan Jungle Retreat by AKEN Soul is a reference point for the traveler in search of new experiences in the Mayan Jungle.
- Search for "Destino Mio" in Google Maps. CLICK AQUÍ
- 300 mts before arriving at the location mentioned in the search engine map, you will find a sign for Destino Mio Mayan Jungle Retreat by AKEN Soul on your right side, please take that detour.
Entering Destino Mio Mayan Jungle Retreat by AKEN Soul is entering the Mayan Jungle, so the road is a one-lane semi-paved road, which can be challenging for certain vehicles.
We recommend traveling during the day, as the road has no artificial lighting, travel calmly and follow the directions provided by our staff, Google Maps or the Tekit tourism office.
• Start your experience at Destino Mio Mayan Jungle Retreat by AKEN Soul with a private transfer to or from the city of Tekit, Yucatan, in our own 4X4 vehicles.
• Our driver will greet you and help you with your luggage to start your trip with a comforting and hassle-free service.
• The trip lasts approximately ½ hour, and the capacity is up to 5 people per vehicle.
• From Merida city center or airport there is public transportation that departs at least twice a day to Tekit.
• From the town of Tekit to Destino Mio Mayan Jungle Retreat by AKEN Soul, you can take a motorcycle cab. Please note that the trip takes longer.
• We recommend you to arrive by private transportation as it will be much faster and easier.
• The trip from Tekit to Destino Mio Mayan Jungle Retreat by AKEN Soul takes approximately 20 minutes.
• The state of Yucatán has an excellent reputation for safety and security
• Within our facilities we have 24-hour surveillance.
• We have liability insurance and all the necessary signage, equipment and measures for hygiene and safety.
• We are faithful believers that it is not only about visiting a natural environment, but doing so in a way that does not harm the environment, flora and fauna that surrounds it.
• We request only biodegradable sunscreen is used.
• We suggest that you bring a thermos and fill it with drinking water at our different free refilling points.
• Towels, flashlight, comfortable shoes and a good attitude
We have good internet connection and mobile reception in most of our facilities.
If you have something very important to attend to and you know that you are going to depend on the internet or phone signal, we strongly recommend you to postpone your visit as it may happen that you cannot even find phone reception in Tekit. Please bear in mind that we are in the middle of the jungle and can never guarantee these services since failures are usually external to us and out of our control.
There is no gas station in Tekit and the nearest one is 30km away.
There are no banks or ATMs either.
There is a pharmacy and a doctor’s office.
The nearest hospital is located in Merida; Star Medica.
We recommend you fill your tank before leaving Mérida.
Bring cash to avoid setbacks and get better prices at the stores.
Stores accept credit cards, however sometimes internet reception
is not good and payments cannot be processed.
Tours will only be canceled in the event of thunderstorms or hurricanes.
We will reschedule on the earliest available date at your convenience.
Regarding accommodation, you will have to check the cancellation policy that applies to your booking. Refundable rates can be rescheduled, however non-refundable ones do not allow this.
Please check the weather forecast before booking and keep in mind that sudden changes in the
area are very common. Be prepared for possible showers or extreme hot weather.
Ex-Convent of "San Antonio de Padua" Franciscan monastery. 10km
San Cristobal Chapel. 10 km
Guayabera and traditional clothing stores. 10 km
Maní Magical Town. 40km
Mayapan Archaeological Zone. 28km
Cenotes of Homún and Cuazamá. 38km